While little work is needed on the Main Prairie itself because of its maturity as a reconstruction, the mowed edges of the area have started causing problems with invasive species. As a result, these edge paths will be eliminated over the course of the year and integrated into the surrounding ecosystem.
Ecosystem Model: Tallgrass Prairie
- Cardboard/mulch Woodland Edge
- Plant shrubs along Woodland Edge
- Remove sod in Prairie Expansion
- Keep Prairie Expansion weeds down with a weedwhacker or mower throughout the summer
- Disperse seed mix in Prairie Expansion